There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. ~Walt St

There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child.  There are seven million.  ~Walt St
There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. ~Walt Streightiff

Thursday, March 7, 2013

From Passion to Action - Beginning my Capstone & Remaining Positive

I am in my last class at Walden University.  I have been working to complete my Master's degree over the past two years.  It is finally coming to an end, and I can not wait to receive my degree.  The classes have been challenging, but I have learned a lot that will help me to be successful as a leader in the field.

This week we are talking about what drives our passion to be an agent for positive social change in the field.   Being an agent of positive social change means advocating, working with families, going out into the communities, seeking out their needs, working with children and professionals to grow professionally in the field to find resources to make a change.

Click the link below to view my wordle. 

My Wordle communicates a small part of what I have learned, and what has inspired me during my program of study. The specific issue I chose to highlight is prekindergarten, with these areas pertaining to it in the following order access, affordability, equity, parental involvement, and anti-bias education.  In my Wordle you will notice that equity, access, and affordability are the words closest to pre-kindergarten. These would be at the top of my list with many words following.  At the present time prekindergarten is not mandatory in the United States. Yet, our new common core kindergarten standards appear to assume that every child will have received the skills necessary to begin kindergarten upon entering school. 

1 comment:

  1. Ginny - I just love the pictures on your Blog and really appreciate your Nelson Mandela quote. I hope your passion for what you love only grows during your capstone course.

    ReplyDelete